- Dworsky, Alan & Betsy Sansby. Conga Drumming: A Beginner's Guide to Playing with Time. Dancing Hands Music, 1996 “Salsa Stories.”
- Caribbean Islands: A Country Study.
- Hernandez, Romel. Caribbean Islands: Facts and Figures. New York: Mason Crest Publishers, 2003
- Lopez, Antonio. "Post-Afrocubanismo and the Cultures of Afro-Cuban America" Paper presented at the annual meeting of the The American Studies Association, Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, Philadelphia, PA, Oct 11, 2007
- Morales, Ed. The Latin Beat: The Rhythms and Roots of Latin Music, from Bossa Nova to Salsa and Beyond. New York: DaCapo Press, 2003.
- Musical Heritage Network/ Cultural Heritage Initiative for Community Outreach. “Salsa Stories.”
The author would like to extend his gratitude to following for their contributions. Casey O'Donnell for the development of the Rhythm Wheel Tutorial, Tisha Spraggins for her programming expertise, and Marie Rarieya for building the web site
Mark Kamauff (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Lesson plan for rhythm wheels (short version)
Lesson plan for rhythm wheels (long version)
Evaluation for student performance (multiplication, LCM)
Evaluation for student performance (LCM only)
Article, "Culturally Relevant Algebra Teaching: the Case of African drumming" (Janet Sharp and Anthony Stevens)